I realize that I haven't really closed my blog, and probably not many care, but I feel that I poured my heart and soul into these passages that I owe it to myself to simply find some closure.
I unfortunately hardly touched on the amazing 10 day journey after my program to Peru and Bolivia. It was a great learning experience with so much traveling, especially in such a large group but also so invigorating to see such different and amazing parts of the world. I definitely needed my culture fix in and I feel so blessed to have met friends that could take care of us and show us around their home country in Bolivia. Once in a lifetime experience that's for sure.
So here I am back at home, giving advice to the group who's going to Chile in a few short months. Wasn't that just me? Completely clueless to the months ahead of me, the change that would come over me, the obstacles and triumphs that were on the horizon, seems like just yesterday.
The months that I have been back have been a time for true self reflection and reevaluation. To think that I will be home longer than I was gone soon is overwhelming. Coming back to my life that was completely different than how I had left it, knocked me down for quite some time. I am finally finding my way again, getting used to my life all over again. When I think about it, I took so many things for granite, putting my dreams before others, living my life to the fullest in Chile, losing sight of the one I had left behind. Therefore, needless to say I came back confused and uncomfortable in my own skin, in my own family, in my own country. It took me longer to adjust to my home country than it did to my host country. I have never experienced such lows, especially after experiencing such highs while I was away. Would I have changed anything? Very few things I would say, but I have learned that looking backward does nothing to help when you're down, looking forward is the only thing you can do. I need to look back at these passages I wrote, what seems like a lifetime ago, and remind myself of the insightful, adventurous, fun loving person I had become during my 4 months in Chile. Incorporating all that I learned and grew to be makes all the heartache worth it. Every day was not perfect down there, not in the least, but it was the fact that it completely stole my heart that made coming home so difficult. Seeing myself transform from a person hiding behind people with dreams in my back pocket into a person who is recklessly in love with the world, a passion for probably too many things, and bigger dreams than I can chew has been worth each moment of despair. I know that all of my aspirations may not come true, but that's the beauty of dreams, they're made to inspire you and in due time, come true.
So, although I am home from my journey, the journey has definitely not yet ended.
Thank you to all of those who have supported me along the way, picked me up while I was down and been there to run along side me while up and running.
It is a crazy life friends, go out and grab it, experience it, breathe it, taste it. Realize that you are just one person, be careful with yourself, yet embrace the power you have, and LIVE.
Con todo mi amor,
Ally




This is an AMAZING blog...it's so wonderful to find fellow dreamers in the world
ReplyDeleteI'm gonna miss your posts.... Maybe you should start another one? ;) I think this post expresses everything you learned and have become so well. You're an inspiration, Ally.
ReplyDelete